Saturday, September 24, 2011
My Dad does this thing where he will put your ear in his mouth, sometimes he does it with your nose too. It's just one of his 'dad idiosyncrasies' along with squeezing the top of your knee when you are sitting down which makes you jump up from your seat so you look like a spaz and squeezing your side when you are walking, again getting the same spaz effect. Seeing your reaction gives him great pleasure and you can't help but smile when he cracks up laughing (even if it is a little annoying). Now that he has two grandkids they too are susceptible to all of 'pops' antics. Lucky kids. This photo I believe captures the feeling of having your ear in Dad's mouth quite perfectly and that is exactly what was happening when I took it. Just wait J boy, it's only just begun.
Posted by brooklynandlu at 8:14 AM
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Fall is here and it's my most favorite season. Windows are left open to feel the cool breeze, I'm on my way to get my first Pumpkin Spice Latte (one of many) and I'm anxiously awaiting the opening of the apple fritter stand right up the road. But, I'm most excited about the clothes. One of my favorites said she needed some fall fashion help and I am never one to shy away from talking about clothes. I'm no expert but I love me some boots, scarves and a nice little leather jacket. After thinking about it, I pretty much have a fall uniform. Here is my list of basics.
1. Skinny jeans. You don't have to be a stick to wear these, I think the main point is they conform to your body and have a tapered ankle so you can tuck them into boots or wear with flats.
2. Layer, even if it's just a shirt and jacket. Make sure one is longer than the other. Shorter shirt, wear a longer jacket and longer shirt wear a shorter jacket.
3. Scarves. You can find scarves cheap, which means you can buy a lot of them and they can completely switch up your outfit. Get different colors and patterns. Scarves make you look effortlessly cool and keep your neck warm. Bonus!
4. Jewelry. Doesn't have to be expensive. Some of my favorites are from Forever21. My go-to's are a long necklace, hoop earrings, and an oversized watch.
5. Shoes. You need a great pair of boots, flats, and nude heels.
6. Jackets. You need a dark blazer, you can scrunch up the sleeves for a more casual look and a leather jacket. Your leather can even be faux, my favorite that I own is from H&M.
Voila, you're all set for fall!
Posted by brooklynandlu at 8:42 AM