Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fall Fashion (For Lee Lee)

Fall is here and it's my most favorite season. Windows are left open to feel the cool breeze, I'm on my way to get my first Pumpkin Spice Latte (one of many) and I'm anxiously awaiting the opening of the apple fritter stand right up the road. But, I'm most excited about the clothes. One of my favorites said she needed some fall fashion help and I am never one to shy away from talking about clothes. I'm no expert but I love me some boots, scarves and a nice little leather jacket. After thinking about it, I pretty much have a fall uniform. Here is my list of basics.

1. Skinny jeans. You don't have to be a stick to wear these, I think the main point is they conform to your body and have a tapered ankle so you can tuck them into boots or wear with flats.
2. Layer, even if it's just a shirt and jacket. Make sure one is longer than the other. Shorter shirt, wear a longer jacket and longer shirt wear a shorter jacket.
3. Scarves. You can find scarves cheap, which means you can buy a lot of them and they can completely switch up your outfit. Get different colors and patterns. Scarves make you look effortlessly cool and keep your neck warm. Bonus!
4. Jewelry. Doesn't have to be expensive. Some of my favorites are from Forever21. My go-to's are a long necklace, hoop earrings, and an oversized watch.
5. Shoes. You need a great pair of boots, flats, and nude heels.
6. Jackets. You need a dark blazer, you can scrunch up the sleeves for a more casual look and a leather jacket. Your leather can even be faux, my favorite that I own is from H&M.

Here are some examples below.



Fall Look 1




Fall Look 2




Voila, you're all set for fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment