Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rent the Runway


One of my biggest shopping mistakes is buying special occasion dresses. I guess my train of thought is, it's a special occasion so I should have a special dress and once that special dress is worn, it's not so special anymore. Ask the BCBG dress in my Mom's closet that was purchased for a wedding but didn't make the cut when a special-er dress was found. Or you can ask the Banana Republic dress in my sister's closet that was worn to my cousin's graduation and is now living in South Carolina. Or you can ask a couple dresses in my closet with tags on them. Woops. This is good news for my kin but bad news for my wallet, not to mention it drives the hubster batty.

But Hallelujah, and praise the Fashion Gods. Rent the Runway is a free membership website that let's you rent designer dresses for such little chump change as $50 bucks and then you can return the darn thing and get a new one! You don't even have to keep the tags and try and fit the plastic through the hole in the label where is used to be, to try and return it. It's a miracle!

Here are a few of my favs.

Tibi

Yigal Azrouel
Matthew Williamson
Tibi

Robert Rodriquez Black Label

Herve Leger

If you need to accessorize your temp dress, you can rent jewelery to go with it too. Genius.




Your. Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment