Wednesday, February 17, 2010

40 Days



Date: February 16th, 2010

Time: 8:30p.m.

Setting: Our Couch

Thought: Mother trucker, today is Fat Tuesday!

Emotion: Sheer panic

I had planned to give up chocolate for Lent this year since it has become a daily staple in my diet. But the fact that I didn't have any time to mentally prepare for the lack of delicious goodness that I am quite possibly addicted to, sent me into a bit of a tailspin.

How am I supposed to forgo the Hershey kisses consumed everyday after lunch and dinner? How can I not partake in the unbelievable 'secret' chocolate chip cookies I made for Valentine's day staring me down in the kitchen?

After some consoling by the Hubs, I decided, I'm going to do it. I'm giving up chocolate for Lent. But not before I stuffed as much chocolate in my mouth as humanly possible before bed. Yup, chocolate chips cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, butternut crunch, and a few Hershey kisses were thrown into the mix to try and hold me over for the next 40 days.

Pathetic? Yes. But like I said, I have a serious addiction.

Today I had to remove all the forbidden deliciousness from eyesight. I put it in a large bag which the Hub's coined the name 'The Sin Bin'.

Goodbye lover. I'm counting the days until we can meet again.

Sniff..sniff..tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment