Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Get Your Quinoa On...


My lastest food obsession is Quinoa.

Quinoa (pronounced Keen-wah), not KEY-NOAH like I used to say when I wasn't such a Quinoa connoisseur (and I use the term connoisseur lightly, very very lightly).


She is considered a super grain and is healthy, that's all you really need to know because I don't feel like listing off how great of a grain she is. She is just good and easy to make but you have add in some flavor to spice her up a bit. Here is how I do my Quinoa.


Bring one cup of Quinoa and two cups of water to a boil.


Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cover pot with lid for 10-15 minutes.


Now is the fun part where you add in all your fixins. Last night I added:


One tablespoon of olive oil

Two tablespoons of white wine vinegar

Diced tomato

Rotisserie chicken

Chopped red onion

Chopped kalamata olives

Parmesan Reggiano


MMMMM delicious, now go get your Quinoa on!

No comments:

Post a Comment