Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hair Nazi

So, I used to go to DAWWN (say it like chick from 'The Nanny') from Brooklyn to get my hair did.

I have been going to her since the first highlight graced my virgin head, probably around age 15.

Dawn held the responsibilities for all of my hair do's up until now. Short, long, brown, red, blonde, front bangs, side bangs, prom hair, wedding hair. You get the idea.

I coined her the name, 'The Hair Nazi', and for good reason.

Dawn doesn't take any shiz.

She is not concerned with making sure you are entertained in your chair, and she doesn't care if you are having a good day. If she feels like talking to you, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. She will let you know if you haven't been taking care of your hair and give you her opinion if you have an idea she doesn't like (In life too, not just the hair world).

Seriously, some people are scared of her and won't go back.

Others are still scared, but she does such a great job, put on their brave face in the name of lovely hair.

Moving to Connecticut, I lost my 'Hair Nazi'.

I recently called a new hairdresser, because the first girl I tried, didn't know how to NOT put red in my hair. I gave her two tries.

Saturday I tried out the new salon closer to home.

Ahh the excitement of possibly finding a new 'Hair Nazi' soul mate. I told her I wanted my brunette color, (hide the grays...the horror) and put a few caramel colored highlights underneath. This is how it turned out.




Truly, I have two huge chunks of white blonde on both sides of my head so when I pull my hair up in a pony I look like the Bride of Frankenstein. I'm not exaggerating. This picture looks better than mine.

And don't forget the ginormous chunky highlight on the top of my hair too, so there is no way of hiding any of the hideousness that is now a part of my head.

Needless to say I have another hair appointment today with a new salon who hopefully will have a clue of what they are doing.

I miss my Hair Nazi. If you have one, hold him/her tight and never let them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment